Fwd: Re: KDevelop editor interfaces

Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel mhk at caldera.de
Mon Apr 23 16:47:19 UTC 2001

Am Montag 23 April 2001 18:20 schrieb Cullmann Christoph:

> > Why no let the editor implementations create their views as children of a
> > QWorkspace or one of Falk's MDI widgets?
>
> That is a doc/viewmanager ! But therefor you need a view class (k, am
> minimun one with one funtion document() and you got it, thats all I want),
> but I dont want a editor which starts as a external app and don'T fit into
> the GUI, thats no integration.

Than just make sure you set kate as your preferred editor. But just because
you don't like emacs or vi as an editor, why should we design an interface
that allows users to choose between kate and kate?

And as far as I can see it, when embedding kate with my proposed interface,
the integration will be _exactly_ the same as with yours. It will just be
possible to also integrate editors with less functionality/integration, but
you don't have to, if you don't want to.

Bye,
Matthias.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«