Fwd: Re: KDevelop editor interfaces

Cullmann Christoph crossfire at babylon2k.de
Mon Apr 23 16:46:05 UTC 2001

Am Montag, 23. April 2001 18:26 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:20:24PM +0200, Cullmann Christoph wrote:

> > > I'm not sure I understand this...
> > >
> > > Why do you need a special doc/view manager just to arrange a few
> > > widgets?
> > >
> > > Why no let the editor implementations create their views as children of
> > > a QWorkspace or one of Falk's MDI widgets?
> >
> > That is a doc/viewmanager ! But therefor you need a view class (k, am
> > minimun one with one funtion document() and you got it, thats all I
> > want), but I dont want a editor which starts as a external app and don'T
> > fit into the GUI, thats no integration.
>
> But why do you need a view class which provides a reference to the document
> if all you want is to create a widget as child of a MDIWhateverFrame?

First, the importants thing is to have a view class itself, even if it is
only a Qwidget without any more specific api. Than a document() is just just
nice, for example if you click on a mdichild (a view of a doc) and hit the
close button in the filemenu/toolbar, that the generic kdevevelop
doc/viewmanager needs to know which document he must kill after the view is
deleted.

cu
Christoph

--

| |   / /               - get an edge in editing -
| |/ /      a fast and capable multiple document,
|     \     multiple view text editor for KDE
| |\  \     cullmann at kde.org
| |  \  \   http://devel-home.kde.org/~kate

-