Getting started with jdb support - getting the main prog from gideonprj

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 16:27:35 UTC 2001

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Richard Dale wrote:

> > > Without relative path? It surprises me that it works, as you probably
> > > have the .class file in a subdirectory?
> > Yes, you're right - it didn't have 'src' in the path. Should it - is that a bug
> > - can we assume that an automake project will always have a src directory?
>
> No, you need the relative path for C++ and other binary projects because
> in that case the debugger can not find the binary on its own. The default
> debuggee (does that word exist in english? ;-) should be set either by the
> appwizard or by the user.
No I don't think I've heard of it, but I think we English have a high respect
for German speaker's abilities to invent interesting (and often long!) words.
So I'm happy to relieve myself of angst and go with the zeitgeist, ...and adopt
it :-).

I think it would be a good idea to have an extra gideonprj attribute for the
relative path of the executable/java class.

 > I was confused because the the cvs version, the javadebuggerpart does
not
> strip off the path.
 Here is the code I checked in - app has the full path, and the baseName()
method is used to extract the java class name:

   if (!sDbgShell.isEmpty())
        *dbgProcess_<<"/bin/sh"<<"-c"<<sDbgShell+" "+config_jdbPath_+
            "jdb "+app.baseName()+"";
    else
        *dbgProcess_<<config_jdbPath_+QString("jdb")<<app.baseName()<<"";

If we had the full path with the 'src' subdir, it could be added to the
$CLASSPATH environment variable, and passed to javac with a '- classpath'
option.

 -- Richard

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«