Getting started with jdb support - getting the main prog from gideonprj

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 22 15:07:13 UTC 2001

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Richard Dale wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, you wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Richard Dale wrote:
> >
> > > The jdbcontroller uses the the mainprogram attribute to get the name of the main
> > > java class. I had to hand code a suitable 'gideonprj' file to define that,
> > > see below.
> >
> > Without relative path? It surprises me that it works, as you probably
> > have the .class file in a subdirectory?
> Yes, you're right - it didn't have 'src' in the path. Should it - is that a bug
> - can we assume that an automake project will always have a src directory?

No, you need the relative path for C++ and other binary projects because
in that case the debugger can not find the binary on its own. The default
debuggee (does that word exist in english? ;-) should be set either by the
appwizard or by the user.

I was confused because the the cvs version, the javadebuggerpart does not
strip off the path.

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«