Getting started with jdb support - getting the main prog from gideonprj

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Apr 23 13:21:14 UTC 2001

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Richard Dale wrote:

> > No, you need the relative path for C++ and other binary projects because
> > in that case the debugger can not find the binary on its own. The default
> > debuggee (does that word exist in english? ;-) should be set either by the
> > appwizard or by the user.
> No I don't think I've heard of it, but I think we English have a high respect
> for German speaker's abilities to invent interesting (and often long!) words.
> So I'm happy to relieve myself of angst and go with the zeitgeist, ...and adopt
> it :-).

Hehe ;-) The foreign postdocs here always immediately fall in
love with the word Schienenersatzverkehr :-)

> If we had the full path with the 'src' subdir, it could be added to the
> $CLASSPATH environment variable, and passed to javac with a '- classpath'
> option.

Well, the 'program' argument gets set to the full path in
JavaDebuggerPart::startDebugger():

    if (project())
        program = project()->projectDirectory() + "/" + project()->mainProgram();

Bernd.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«