KWrite update

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Tue Apr 17 20:38:29 UTC 2001

Hmmm,

Lets be very clear about this.

KDEVELOP_1_4 branch is dead after the kde2.2 release. If you want to continue
hacking on it for yourselves, then that's your decision. Just remember that
there is no official kdevelop release planned for this and there shouldn't be.

Adding a kwrite part now to kdevelop2.0 is not really a good idea. We have
what we need in our current kwrite. If you want to add horizontal scroll bars
to this, then please work on it. I've attached Jens last patch as a starting
point. IIRC speed is the issue with it. Make sure you also test scrolling
speed as well.

It would be much better if people work on the _real_ outstanding problems in
the current code. There are several crashes to do with mdi, theres the
makefile problem if you don't have a makefile. I've a small fix for the
debugger etc etc etc

>From the release plan at
(http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-2.2-release-plan.html)

our next milestone is KDE 2.2 Beta 1 - Monday May 7.

Lets just keep focus on the goals here

jbb