KWrite update

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 21:31:36 UTC 2001

Hi,

>Adding a kwrite part now to kdevelop2.0 is not really a good idea. We have
>what we need in our current kwrite. If you want to add horizontal scroll
> bars to this, then please work on it. I've attached Jens last patch as a
> starting point. IIRC speed is the issue with it. Make sure you also test
> scrolling speed as well.

I have a more recent patch for the horizontal scrollbar problem, which should
be faster than the one John has forwarded. I do not remember exactly (it is a
long time and I returned into the pool of lazy users :-).

I am sorry for the many 'const' declarations but I started with one and could
not end.

Good luck,
Jens

PS: This warning is still valid: "Make sure you also test scrolling speed as
well."