KDialogBase

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 20:22:46 UTC 2001

--- Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> wrote:

> For 2.0 that doesn't make much sense as this will definetly be the
> last
> version. For 3.0, I already talked to bernd that the general rule is
> design the dialogs with designer so developers who can't do layout
> management by hand can still touch the dialogs. I'll add a section to
> the hacking file to stick with this rule; the current dialogs will
> have
> to be remade with designer in 3.0 so that we have all GUI stuff done
> with it.

So it does make perfect sense, because the dialogs will be reusable in
3. Additionally, I will not switch to 3 before it has the functionality
that 2 provides. That is especially true for the MDI stuff cause the
window splitting in gideon is just plain aweful.

There are so many other things of basic functionality still missing. I
know I should shut up and contribute some code, so dont tell me that,
but if 2 works for me I am sticking with it until 3 becomes better.

Also,  I assume that there will be great demand for 2 especially if we
can get code completion to work. So maintenance of that release will be
a very important issue.

What's the point of even releasing 2, if you'll tell all users that in
order to get a minor feature improved or changed he will have to wait
an indefinite amount of time for 3?

Roland

=====
--
Roland Krause
In the garage of life there are mechanics and