KDialogBase

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 17:52:57 UTC 2001

Roland Krause wrote:

> While trolling through the code yesterday I noticed that almost all the
> dialogs were coded by hand.
>
> Is it possible to rebuild some of these using Qt's designer?
>
> Especially, is it possible to build dialogs that are based on
> KDialogBase using Qt designer.

For 2.0 that doesn't make much sense as this will definetly be the last
version. For 3.0, I already talked to bernd that the general rule is to
design the dialogs with designer so developers who can't do layout
management by hand can still touch the dialogs. I'll add a section to
the hacking file to stick with this rule; the current dialogs will have
to be remade with designer in 3.0 so that we have all GUI stuff done
with it.

Ralf
--
Finally, even I have to admit that being myself was the best thing
that ever could have happened to me. - Le Grand Charmeur

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org