Changelog question

John Birch jbb at kdevelop.org
Thu Oct 19 10:37:55 UTC 2000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:10, you wrote:
> John Birch wrote:
> > Somethings wrong here - this is working elsewhere I'm sure. I'm assuming
> > you have the latest am_edit?
> >
> > I almost have you're new kdevelop1.2.1 compiled. I'll create a kde2 app
> > and give it a go.
>
> Well, I didn´t go any further, I was too busy with getting the stuff
> into the templates and have everything working from make dist to a
> simple configure, make and make install on the user side after packaging
> to uic and that stupid segfault of apps inheriting KMainWindow if you´re
> using simple -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt -lX11 instead of $(LIB_KDEUI) ;-)
Ouch...

> Tell me how it went so I can add that to the documentation again if it
> works against my expectations.

Looks okay
Created kde2 normal kde2test
added newprojectdialogbase.ui (a randomly selected handy ui file :-)
edited kde2testview.cpp and added #include "newprojectdialogbase.h"
Select "autoconf..."
Select "Configure"
Then "Make" gives
/opt/qt-2.2.1/bin/uic -o newprojectdlgbase.h ./newprojectdlgbase.ui
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/home/kde2/kde/include
-I/opt/qt-2.2.1/include -I/usr/X11R6/include     -O0 -g3 -Wall     -c
kde2testview.cpp
etc

Perhaps not a full test, (and I hope that tests the problem you described?)

jbb