Changelog question

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Oct 18 21:52:21 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:10, you wrote:
> > John Birch wrote:
> > > Somethings wrong here - this is working elsewhere I'm sure. I'm assuming
> > > you have the latest am_edit?
> > >
> > > I almost have you're new kdevelop1.2.1 compiled. I'll create a kde2 app
> > > and give it a go.
> >
> > Well, I didn´t go any further, I was too busy with getting the stuff
> > into the templates and have everything working from make dist to a
> > simple configure, make and make install on the user side after packaging
> > to uic and that stupid segfault of apps inheriting KMainWindow if you´re
> > using simple -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt -lX11 instead of $(LIB_KDEUI) ;-)
> Ouch...
Yes, this is a *big* Ouch ...besides, I had that awful crash on my
laptop since last week, just when I was preparing to go to the Oldenburg
expo. I didn´t have time to find out why KDE 2 blinds my whole machine
when loading but it did and I was so glad to have a backup of the built
I did the week before for the expo in Frankfurt. I ended up searching
the whole day and night yesterday for the cause only to find out it came
from kcminit->loading all settings of kcontrol->which has the energy
module-> which caused the crash...I think I lost more hair on that one
than all of my splittings with ex-girl-friends...

> > Tell me how it went so I can add that to the documentation again if it
> > works against my expectations.
>
> Looks okay
> Created kde2 normal kde2test
> added newprojectdialogbase.ui (a randomly selected handy ui file :-)
> edited kde2testview.cpp and added #include "newprojectdialogbase.h"
> Select "autoconf..."
> Select "Configure"
> Then "Make" gives
> /opt/qt-2.2.1/bin/uic -o newprojectdlgbase.h ./newprojectdlgbase.ui
> g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/home/kde2/kde/include
> -I/opt/qt-2.2.1/include -I/usr/X11R6/include     -O0 -g3 -Wall     -c
> kde2testview.cpp
> etc
>
> Perhaps not a full test, (and I hope that tests the problem you described?)
Ok, then it seems to work. I´ve asked Eva (who uses KDevelop as well) to
test this and I´ll do tomorrow afternoon after University (my first
lessons in Operating Systems tomorrow ;-), then I´ll head on to rewrite
the mdi template with KAction. I just don´t know how to build the
"Window" menu dynamically with the list of windows and the 3 actions for
new window, tile and cascade, so if someone has a clue until tomorrow I
would be very thankful for that ;-) ..but you can take your time, it
will take me more than tomorrow afternoon to do a *nice* rewrite ;-)

Ralf

--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org