KDevelop 1.3 release

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Nov 20 16:48:42 UTC 2000

Christian Couder wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 02:29:39PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Sandy and others:
> >
> > I got some updates from Comdex. First thing is I talked to Lineo guys
> > and they are willing to help add remote debugging within the next weeks.
> But perhaps we can release a 1.3 beta and a 1.3 final before they add it ?
> > I also want to add a template for a qt/embedded app, possibly with help
> > of coolo so we could use /admin as well. Also TrollTech will have a
> > conference internally to see if we could do a 1.3 port over to KDE2 and
> > a Qt 2.2 only version so we have a windows version as well. In case they
> > agree we will get two fulltime developers probabaly. I don´t want to
> > promise too much but things are looking good we get a KDE 2 version
> > until christmas if that is ok with everybody. The core team can
> > concentrate on KDevelop 2.0, we only need to open up 1.3 for everyone to
> > do a port. That doesn´t cost us anything, just we have 1.3 for kde 1,
> > kde 2 and windows with qt 2.2.
> This look really nice, but perhaps it's better if the 1.3 is released
> before they start their port of the 1.3 over to KDE2 and Qt 2.2
> >
> > Any opinions/objections on that ? I mean, it´s plans up until now only
> > but I think that is worth it especially as there is a chance TrollTech
> > will ship KDevelop as it´s primary IDE with Qt together with designer
> > and linugist. They thought about creating a new one but facing KDevelop
> > already makes it hard to do such a decision. I therefore vote to work
> > together with them which will give us additional power for 2.0 as well.
> > We could integrate desinger much nicer then and are prepared better for
> > any changes within Qt.
> I agree to work with them, but I agree with Sandy that we should release
> first the 1.3 and not wait untill they do something.
> It will be easier anyway for them (both Lineo and TrollTech) to start
> from a stable release rather than from development code.

As we have some time left for a beta - which does not necessarily
include all features of a final ;) - we should get our stuff done and
ready, do the beta as wished and if Lineo and TrollTech decided what to
do within the next two weeks we see what that should look like. I just
wanted to say that we should include a possible delay time frame because
of these events, not delay it on all costs.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project

nolden at kde.org
rnolden at kdevelop.org

to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-devel-request at kdevelop.org with the following body:
unsubscribe »your-email-address«

More information about the KDevelop-devel mailing list