KDevelop 1.3 release

Christian Couder Christian.Couder at alcove.fr
Mon Nov 20 14:35:46 UTC 2000

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 02:29:39PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Sandy and others:
>
> I got some updates from Comdex. First thing is I talked to Lineo guys
> and they are willing to help add remote debugging within the next weeks.

But perhaps we can release a 1.3 beta and a 1.3 final before they add it ?

> I also want to add a template for a qt/embedded app, possibly with help
> of coolo so we could use /admin as well. Also TrollTech will have a
> conference internally to see if we could do a 1.3 port over to KDE2 and
> a Qt 2.2 only version so we have a windows version as well. In case they
> agree we will get two fulltime developers probabaly. I don´t want to
> promise too much but things are looking good we get a KDE 2 version
> until christmas if that is ok with everybody. The core team can
> concentrate on KDevelop 2.0, we only need to open up 1.3 for everyone to
> do a port. That doesn´t cost us anything, just we have 1.3 for kde 1,
> kde 2 and windows with qt 2.2.

This look really nice, but perhaps it's better if the 1.3 is released
before they start their port of the 1.3 over to KDE2 and Qt 2.2

> Any opinions/objections on that ? I mean, it´s plans up until now only
> but I think that is worth it especially as there is a chance TrollTech
> will ship KDevelop as it´s primary IDE with Qt together with designer
> and linugist. They thought about creating a new one but facing KDevelop
> already makes it hard to do such a decision. I therefore vote to work
> together with them which will give us additional power for 2.0 as well.
> We could integrate desinger much nicer then and are prepared better for
> any changes within Qt.

I agree to work with them, but I agree with Sandy that we should release
first the 1.3 and not wait untill they do something.

It will be easier anyway for them (both Lineo and TrollTech) to start
from a stable release rather than from development code.

Regards,
Christian.

-
unsubscribe »your-email-address«