KDevelop 1.3 release

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Nov 20 13:29:39 UTC 2000

Sandy Meier wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I saw many commits in last weeks from Ralf,John and Falk. (KDevelop1.3). The
> time goes on and I think we should release the KDevelop1. 3 beta as soon as
> possible.
> Please test your last commits again and if nobody complains we will release
> KDevelop1.3 next sunday (26.11) and the KDevelop1.3final 2 weeks later.
>
> Sorry to be impatient but I think we should finished the KDevelop1.x project
> and refocus on KDevelop2. You know we are only a small group and I think it's
> a maladjustment if KDevelop1.x gots more commits in one week than KDevelop2
> in a whole month. :-(
>
> Sandy

Sandy and others:

I got some updates from Comdex. First thing is I talked to Lineo guys
and they are willing to help add remote debugging within the next weeks.
I also want to add a template for a qt/embedded app, possibly with help
of coolo so we could use /admin as well. Also TrollTech will have a
conference internally to see if we could do a 1.3 port over to KDE2 and
a Qt 2.2 only version so we have a windows version as well. In case they
agree we will get two fulltime developers probabaly. I don´t want to
promise too much but things are looking good we get a KDE 2 version
until christmas if that is ok with everybody. The core team can
concentrate on KDevelop 2.0, we only need to open up 1.3 for everyone to
do a port. That doesn´t cost us anything, just we have 1.3 for kde 1,
kde 2 and windows with qt 2.2.

Any opinions/objections on that ? I mean, it´s plans up until now only
but I think that is worth it especially as there is a chance TrollTech
will ship KDevelop as it´s primary IDE with Qt together with designer
and linugist. They thought about creating a new one but facing KDevelop
already makes it hard to do such a decision. I therefore vote to work
together with them which will give us additional power for 2.0 as well.
We could integrate desinger much nicer then and are prepared better for
any changes within Qt.

So much from here, back from Las Vegas and still trying to catch up ;)

Regards,

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org