Work problem (was Re: Internationalization Problem)

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 21:35:12 UTC 2000

Hi all,

jbb wrote:

> It's funny what companies are afraid of, isn't it.
E.g. QextMDI is OpenSource but the main parts I contributed are
programmed by me at work in my company and we use this shared library as
base for our extended MDI system. :-)
OK, the licence is a priority knock-out criteria but for instance LGPL
can be commercially used without problems.
We believe using OpenSource is a good symbiosis for both sides. First
the company gets additional "virtual" programmers or beta-testers who
don´t need to be payed. For example I used half-ready-to-use sources and
several programmers sent patches to me. That way we saved a lot
developing time. Second, the OpenSource world has a chance to gets
rock-stable quality software and Linux becomes more popularity which
feeds back to our application base.

Falk