Work problem (was Re: Internationalization Problem)

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Wed Mar 8 19:04:43 UTC 2000

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000, you wrote:

> > Hi Benoit,
> >
> > I am sorry you have to stop working on open source projects.
> > Perhaps you can still work on some at home. (That's what I did when I
> worked at
> > Thomson because anyway I had no Internet connection there.)
>
> Actually I only worked on kdevelop at home but the "Droit d'auteurs" ==
> copyrights of what
> an employee writes belongs to it employers if it can be argued that some of
> the inspiration
> for it comes from what he does during his work hours or from interaction
> with its coworker.

My old company I worked for had the same type of agreement. If you read their
agreement closely even writing your memoirs, legally, could belong to the
company ! It's funny what companies are afraid of, isn't it.

We could definately use your assistance and the next stage of kdevelop is
going to be even more fun than the last :-) Have you tried presenting kdevelop
to them and asking permission to work on this (in your own time, of course).
You never know, it might work...

Regardless of all this ... have fun :-)

--
Regards,