KDevelop2 : was Re: KDevelop presented at CeBit exhibition in Hannover, Germany

Sandy Meier smeier at kdevelop.de
Wed Mar 1 21:13:36 UTC 2000

> Another part I´m also interested in is making the
> menubars/toolbars configurable (as many wished). I will investigate if
> that is possible with KAction at runtime to remove/rearrange menus and
> toolbars.

Yes, please do. At the moment the complete KAccel framework in KDevelop2
doesn't work, so it would be cool if you could investigate some time
into this problem too(KAction.KStdAction,KAccel....). Configurable
menubars/toolbars would be really nice and I think it is worth the effort.

>How about taking current CProject,
>removing project-specific methods like the binary name (not usable for
>libraries) and Project subdir (that limits projects on one main subdir,
>as does the class parser). Then we can inherit CProject and add classes
>for KDE projects, Qt projects, libraries and the like. Whoever wants to
>add a new project type creates a class for that type and creates a
>framework.
Yes, nice approach, but there are many other things which need to be fixed
in the current pojectmanagment. Tommorow I will post a featurelist for the new
projectmanagement and maybe with some first design ideas. In my opinion we
should discuss this on this list and later implement new framework.

Ciao!
Sandy

--
email: smeier at kdevelop.de  ICQ: 27681958