CVS problems: @LIBDL@ and LEXLIB

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Fri Jan 28 23:24:58 UTC 2000

Falk Brettschneider wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> It seems, the ldl library (dynamic link loader) is not installed on your
> computer. :-( That's why for instance that missing dlopen (the command
> that loads a lib dynamically). I don't know much about LIBDL but I bet
> it has to do with it...

Hi Falk

Yes, in my system there are a libdl.a and a libdl.so in usr/lib/.

> LEXLIB could be deal with lexx and yacc (syntax parser stuff). You
> should check if they are installed.

There are lex and yacc in usr/bin/ though lex is only 21 bytes big.
Perhaps I have a problem with lex?

> > kdevelop/Makefile.am:53: variable `LEXLIB' not defined
> > make: *** [all] Error 1
> >
> > There is also a "$(LIBDL)" in kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am after the
> > "$(LEXLIB)" and this variable is also not defined on my machine.
> >
> > Are $LEXLIB and $LIBDL defined on your machine?
> LEXLIB is project internal.
>
> > What are these variables for?
> LEXLIB is located in:
> - configure.in (checks also for the lexer)
> - configure ("checking for yywrap in -l$ac_lib")
>   --> What does this line report in ./configures of other programs,
> Christian?

It reports (in ./configure of kdevelop and of other programs):

checking for yywrap in lfl... yes
or
checking for yywrap in lfl... (cached) yes

And ./configure also reports:

checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy

> - all Makefile.in and Makefile (but those files are autogenerated)
>

> > When I edit my kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am to remove these variables and
> > "make -f Makefile.am" works but "make" don't.
> > I get the following errors:
> >
> > ./kdlgedit/libkdlgedit.a(kdlgedit.o): In function
> > `loadKDlgLdrLibrary(void)'
> > kdlgedit.o(.text+0x15): undefined reference to `dlopen'
> > kdlgedit.o(.text+0x26): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> > kdlgedit.o(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `dlsym'
> >

> P.S.: You could also delete the whole root-directory of the kdevelop
> project (all the auto stuff) and cvs-update again.

Yes perhaps I will try this.

Bye,
Christian.