CVS problems: @LIBDL@ and LEXLIB

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 11:51:49 UTC 2000

Hi Christian,

It seems, the ldl library (dynamic link loader) is not installed on your
computer. :-( That's why for instance that missing dlopen (the command
that loads a lib dynamically). I don't know much about LIBDL but I bet
it has to do with it...

LEXLIB could be deal with lexx and yacc (syntax parser stuff). You
should check if they are installed.

P.S.: If you decided for SuSE linux, such a check would be very easy
(YaST) but...

Christian Couder wrote:

> I deleted kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am and did a cvs-update which
> downloaded a new kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am but the problem is still the
> same.
>
> There is a "$(LEXLIB)" in kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am and this variable
> is not defined on my machine so make fails when I type "make -f
> Makefile.cvs" with:
>
> kdevelop/Makefile.am:53: variable `LEXLIB' not defined
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> There is also a "$(LIBDL)" in kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am after the
> "$(LEXLIB)" and this variable is also not defined on my machine.
>
> Are $LEXLIB and $LIBDL defined on your machine?
LEXLIB is project internal.

> What are these variables for?
LEXLIB is located in:
- configure.in (checks also for the lexer)
- configure ("checking for yywrap in -l$ac_lib")
  --> What does this line report in ./configures of other programs,
Christian?
- all Makefile.in and Makefile (but those files are autogenerated)

> When I edit my kdevelop/kdevelop/Makefile.am to remove these variables and
> "make -f Makefile.am" works but "make" don't.
> I get the following errors:
>
> ./kdlgedit/libkdlgedit.a(kdlgedit.o): In function
> `loadKDlgLdrLibrary(void)'
> kdlgedit.o(.text+0x15): undefined reference to `dlopen'
> kdlgedit.o(.text+0x26): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> kdlgedit.o(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `dlsym'

P.S.: You could also delete the whole root-directory of the kdevelop
project (all the auto stuff) and cvs-update again.

Bye,
  Falk