DOC tab crash (was Re: Just a remark)

jbb jbb at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 18 20:43:38 UTC 2000

Hi Benoit,

I had some time so looked into this a bit more.

As we suspected the problem is the ScrollBars getting confused. This happens
when the project is changed, causing the doc ListItems to be deleted (from other
doc items) and the scroll bars are being displayed. (Just move the output pane
up really close to the main toolbar to always force this to happen !) It looks
to me like the scrollbar code is using the deleted item classes????

But the original code looks find to me and should work. I do similar things
in my tree view, so I don't know _exactly_ why this problem occurs.

I've fixed this by avoiding these deletes at the doc ListItem level. Instead
clear()-ing the whole tree at the tree level and reconstructing the branches on
a refresh. This required a change to the klistview code as well to avoid a
clear() bug with "last" item.
I've undone your workarounds to close the tree up.

Can you confirm that this really fixes the problem. If you want to figure out
_why_, I would love to know :-) (I can not afford anymore time on this at the
moment, unfortunately)

"Mr Data", can you update your kdevelop and confirm the fix? I have my fingers
crossed that this will solve your problem :-)

If anyone has an explanation...

--
Regards,

jbb