KDevelop presented at CeBit exhibition in Hannover, Germany

Benoit Cerrina Benoit.cerrina at writeme.com
Sun Feb 27 15:14:43 UTC 2000

>I think when KDE2 is available Linux will provide/keep the old libraries
>of KDE1 (and Qt-1.44) for compatibility and KDevelop1.1 will run there
>as well.
>I think "just porting" will end up in doing some more patches and
>bugfixes and so on... the effort will be times bigger than we can
>consider now. And that´s not good for KDevelop in general.

If they do there will be the need for an easier way to keep qt1.44 and qt2.0
together on the same machine.
I know that it can be made to work now but not conveniently, since the
library are incompatible there should
be a complete name change so any app which expects qt1.44 on a qt2 machine
would find the correct lib and
headers without any need to change an environment variable or a symbolic
link.
Benoit