KDevelop presented at CeBit exhibition in Hannover, Germany

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 11:55:30 UTC 2000

Hi,

...KDevelop was on the CeBIT? Great thing! :-)

"W. Tasin" wrote:

> Ralf Nolden wrote:
> >
> > They didn´t make any promises, but
> > they would like to sponsor us for free whereever they have the means to
> > do so.
I don´t trust in such promises anyway...

> > to port the KDevelop 1.1 version
> > to KDE2 (ONLY porting) which could be done quickly and we could provide
> > a running version for KDE 2 within a few weeks.
I think when KDE2 is available Linux will provide/keep the old libraries
of KDE1 (and Qt-1.44) for compatibility and KDevelop1.1 will run there
as well.
I think "just porting" will end up in doing some more patches and
bugfixes and so on... the effort will be times bigger than we can
consider now. And that´s not good for KDevelop in general.

> IMHO: more additional work for the HEAD branch... ;-)
My vote, too.

Tschüß,
  Falk