Rebuild before execute dialog

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Fri Feb 18 17:54:37 UTC 2000

Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Hi Walter,

Hi Ralf,

> > yes... of course...
> > I was also thinking about this...
> > but about the way to do so i´m stressing my mind...
> > should it be project specific or kdevelop specific...
> >
> > there are three situations to handle: always rebuild, rebuild if sources
> > have changed,
> > warn me before rebuild
> >
> > I think this is project specific, since we have to handle also custom
> > projects
> > (there it should be "rebuild always" by default)
> >
> > So please, let me know what do you (all of the list) are thinking about
> > it...
> I thought a little about it while finishing my tutorial ;-)
> How about this: make a combo box in the KDevelop setup dialog to
> configure this:

Hmmm...
In the KDevelop Setup??
I thought it would be a better way to do it in the project options/make
options.
IMHO it should be project specific, because on custom projects there
could be a file dependency not includeable in the kdevprj...

> On Execute: <combo>always rebuild || rebuild changes || only execute ||
> ask for rebuild

rebuild on changings [default]
always rebuild       [default for custom projects]
ask on changings

I think "only execute" isn't a good idea... (because you are search a
fault at your project
but you haven't really rebuild it)..

> That would make it best, I guess. The former solution (always call make
> before execute) worked best for me. sometimes a while to wait, but most
> often you changed something here and there, then you hit execute to test
> your changes.
> That requires a make anyway and as it was, it was the
> fastest way to do it.

Not if nothing inside has changed... don't you think?
I know this behaviour from all the other IDEs...

> I would be content with making it optional in a
> combo like this because it would follow the rule: make everything
> optional and would allow to have all options available.

Yes.. that also my opinion...
so I will prepare it...

> Ralf

I have only to check the default values and where to put it...

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)