Rebuild before execute dialog

Ralf Nolden rnolden at kdevelop.de
Fri Feb 18 16:31:00 UTC 2000

Hi Walter,

> yes... of course...
> I was also thinking about this...
> but about the way to do so i´m stressing my mind...
> should it be project specific or kdevelop specific...
>
> there are three situations to handle: always rebuild, rebuild if sources
> have changed,
> warn me before rebuild
>
> I think this is project specific, since we have to handle also custom
> projects
> (there it should be "rebuild always" by default)
>
> So please, let me know what do you (all of the list) are thinking about
> it...
I thought a little about it while finishing my tutorial ;-)
How about this: make a combo box in the KDevelop setup dialog to
configure this:

On Execute: <combo>always rebuild || rebuild changes || only execute ||
ask for rebuild

That would make it best, I guess. The former solution (always call make
before execute) worked best for me. sometimes a while to wait, but most
often you changed something here and there, then you hit execute to test
your changes. That requires a make anyway and as it was, it was the
fastest way to do it. I would be content with making it optional in a
combo like this because it would follow the rule: make everything
optional and would allow to have all options available.

Ralf

--
Ralf Nolden

Ardennenstr. 41