Yippie

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 1 16:55:20 UTC 2000

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> > GREAT...
> > and thx having managed it...
> >
> > sounds complicated to me to handle it now...
> > I assume that debian has a more complex directory structure (for SOME
> > dir's of kde)?!
>
> I would say less complex, but that's of course a matter of
> perspective and taste :-) Configuration files (kde_confdir)

:-) ok... I understand ;-)

> are in /etc/kde on Debian instead of $prefix/share/config
> which the current configure uses by default. Furthermore,
> documentation is under /usr/doc/kde instead of
> $prefix/share/doc/..., but only on slink (on potato it's
> /usr/share/doc/kde).
>
> > So now I have some questions:
> > Would it be more helpful for debian users to return to the path
> > acknowledgement by the little KDE program for KDE 1.x pathes (inside
> > acinclude.m4)?
>
> For KDevelop 1.1, I think that would be the best (if it's not
> too complicated to change that).

No I don't think so... it's only killing out some lines...

I suggest to make it that way, right now to get response from users of
different distributions... (to check out yet, if some would complain
about it)
Any objections?

> > What about the KDE 2 pathes, would it work with this acinclude.m4??
>
> Actually, the current autoconf stuff is made for KDE 2, where you
> can use --prefix to install different applications into different
> directories. With KDE 1, --prefix doesn't make sense because you
> can only have one KDEDIR, and that's fixed by the location where
> kdelibs was installed and where icons etc. are.
>
> But I think KDE 2 is no problem. When KDE 2 is released, everybody
> will use potato and have his documentation installed in /usr/share/doc
> which is the same as configure gives. The only difference then may
> be kde_confdir, but AFAIK kdevelop is the only application which
> has an rc file there. Mmh, why?

Hmmm... sorry I haven't understood this...
on my sytem I have e. g. kfingerrc, karchierc right in this directory...
(for KDE 1.x and KDE 2.x)
Or do think we should make global-preset-values as hardcoded values in
the source-code?

> > How should we manage it with the new debian part? Making a patch or a
> > complete new tarball?
> > What do you mean?
>
> I think it's enough to have it in 1.1final

ok....

> Bernd.

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)