Yippie

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 1 13:42:09 UTC 2000

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> I've finally managed to compile, install and package everything.
> Obviously now it's necessary to give kde_confdir and kde_htmldir
> to configure, with the consequence that a plain 'configure' will
> install in wrong directories on Debian. I would suggest to include
> the 'debian' directory in the distribution (I was a bit surprised
> that this is not the case yet) and put a note in the README that
> users should use 'dpkg-buildpackage -nc -us -uc -rfakeroot' for
> configuration/compilation and then install the created .deb file.

GREAT...
and thx having managed it...

sounds complicated to me to handle it now...
I assume that debian has a more complex directory structure (for SOME
dir's of kde)?!

So now I have some questions:
Would it be more helpful for debian users to return to the path
acknowledgement by the little KDE program for KDE 1.x pathes (inside
acinclude.m4)?

What about the KDE 2 pathes, would it work with this acinclude.m4??

How should we manage it with the new debian part? Making a patch or a
complete new tarball?
What do you mean?

> Bernd (who really needs some sleep now...)
>
> P.S. The slink package for 1.1beta2 is in incoming now.

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)