kdevelop 2

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Dec 2 09:31:54 UTC 2000

John Birch wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 12:46, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > John,
> >
> > just for your information ;) I´ve talked to David Faure who´s doing the
> > scheduling for KDE 2.1. I asked him to include the 1.3 port to KDE 2
> > (which we can call 1.3 for KDE 2.1 or just 1.4) with the official
>
> Make it 1.4, which will only compile and run on kde2, and implies that the
> kdevelop for kde1 is "terminated". (So instead of "I have 1.3 and can't
> compile on kde2", we'll get "I have 1.4 and can't compile it on kde1" <g>)
>
> > distribution of the KDE 2.1 beta which is to come out just before
> > christmas. I think three weeks should be enough for bugfixing, if not,
> Yes, that's enough...
>
> > please write so I could ask some other KDE developers to help out. I
> ...but yes as well. There are a lot of "rats'n'mice" problems. We'll
> especially need testers in a week's time. Need someone to run  on kde branch
> version rather than head to make sure this works.
We´ll make clear this only works on KDE 2.1. It´ll ship with it, so it
only runs with it for sure.

> What about remote debugging addition? Still wanted? Other?
Yep ;) just put in what you have and we may get someone to test it.
Maybe the TT guys could do that if the Lineo ones didn´t respond.

> What shall we do about cvs? A new branch? tag? or...?
I think it´s best to write to coolo at kde.org to ask him what he suggests.
There´s been some trouble lately so to be on the safe side this would be
the best to do I think.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org