Commited QtDesigner stuff

Reginald Stadlbauer reggie at trolltech.com
Tue Aug 15 17:09:22 UTC 2000

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 Christian Couder wrote:
> > Do you think kde2 widgets could be integrated in Qt Designer ? I hope
> > TrollTech wouldn't mind if we do this.
> > Do some people from TrollTech have some idea about how to do it or could
> > help ?
>
> I tried to integrate a KDE widget (KURLLabel) into QtDesigner. But it is
> more an ugly hack which segfaults on major operations because there are
> some things to handle which I didn't do correctly. I don't know also,
> whether there are all the necessary QWidget methods in K* widget classes
> (however Sandy told me they are all generated by moc).

That's right, and you must have done something wrong. I have already most KDE
widgets in my designer here :-))

> Another way would be to integrate the widgets by using the Tools->Custom
> menu point, which works quite good, but doesn't allow preview of the
> custom widgets (neither in edit nor in preview mode).
> Additionally I'd like Designer to look more like other KDE applications
> (maybe there is some way to inherit a KDesigner and make it a KPart).

As a side effect of the whole thing the designer uses KApplication,
KMainWindow and KToolBar/KMenuBar when compiled with HAVE_KDE. So it looks
under KDE like a KDE app now. But for the first version I don't go further,
as we want to release the final pretty soon. Fortunately KMainWindow/KToolBar
and KMenuBar are now subclasses of the Q-classes, so this change was only a
matter of a few #defines :-)

--
Reggie (reggie at trolltech.com)