Commited QtDesigner stuff

Martin Piskernig martin.piskernig at stuwo.at
Tue Aug 15 15:44:57 UTC 2000

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 Christian Couder wrote:
> Do you think kde2 widgets could be integrated in Qt Designer ? I hope
> TrollTech wouldn't mind if we do this.
> Do some people from TrollTech have some idea about how to do it or could
> help ?

I tried to integrate a KDE widget (KURLLabel) into QtDesigner. But it is more
an ugly hack which segfaults on major operations because there are some
things to handle which I didn't do correctly. I don't know also, whether there
are all the necessary QWidget methods in K* widget classes (however Sandy
told me they are all generated by moc).
Another way would be to integrate the widgets by using the Tools->Custom
menu point, which works quite good, but doesn't allow preview of the
custom widgets (neither in edit nor in preview mode).
Additionally I'd like Designer to look more like other KDE applications
(maybe there is some way to inherit a KDesigner and make it a KPart).
--
Martin Piskernig
Institute for Mathematics