Commited QtDesigner stuff

Reginald Stadlbauer reggie at trolltech.com
Tue Aug 15 15:59:03 UTC 2000

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, you wrote:
> Reginald Stadlbauer a écrit :
> > Cool, I'm just checking the 1.0 branch aus.
>
> Ok, tell me if it works as you would expect.
>
> > > The problem now is that we must find a way to call the uic on the .ui
> > > files. Do you have an idea about how should the user do this ?
> > > Perhaps the best would be to modify the compile and build commands so
> > > that they automatically compiles the ui files if they have been
> > > modified ?
> >
> > Yes, it really should be integrated in the build system (just like moc).
> > But didn't Ralph mention earlier,
>
> Yes.
>
> > that he basically did that already. Also Coolo
> > is working on getting the uic stuff into the KDE buildsystem, but I have
> > no idea how close this goes together.
>
> Ok, so I will leave this part to them.
>
> Do you think kde2 widgets could be integrated in Qt Designer ? I hope
> TrollTech wouldn't mind if we do this.
> Do some people from TrollTech have some idea about how to do it or could
> help ?

I thought about that too, and just discussed it with some people here. I'll
add some stuff to the designer that you can compile it with KDE support which
means it gets the KDE widgets then (we have some VisualStudio dependend tsuff
in the integration directory anway, I'll just add a kdevelop integration
there too).
So you will then just configure the Qt package with -have-kde or so and then
you get that. I hope that's good enough. ASA I have something I'll let you
know. BTW: We would need icons for these widgets then. Anybody out there who
wants to do them. And are we talking about supporting all KDE widgets, or
only some which make sense in dialogs (which ones?)

--
Reggie (reggie at trolltech.com)