November/December KDE PIM summary blog post

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 27 09:21:41 GMT 2023

On Tuesday, 26 December 2023 15:16:19 GMT Volker Krause wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> it's time for the bi-monthly blog post again :)
>
> If you have contributed in the past two months a summary of your most
> noteworthy changes would be helpful, bonus points for corresponding
> screenshots or links to already existing blog posts. If you noticed
> something noteworthy during the past two months, feel free to add that as
> well of course!
>
> To help refresh your memories and to make sure we aren't missing anything
> important, there's two files attached here, an auto-generated detailed
> changelog (this tends to be 30-50% of the commits, using David F's changelog
> scripts for KF releases), and basic commit stats for the PIM repositories.
>
> The last post was edited by Carl (https://kontact.kde.org/blog/
> 2023/2023-11-01-kde-pim-september-october-2023/), any volunteers for this
> one?
>
> Those posts are usually put on kontact.kde.org meanwhile, so practically
> this is just an MR against
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/kontact-kde-org/.
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Volker
I love using kontact/kmail except for the Reminders - any ideas when it'll get
a more capable reminder function that should befit a PIM system? Delaying
reminders by 1 hour or 5 mins is a bit primitive compared to what it used to
be.

regards

Ian

opensuse:tumbleweed:20231222
Qt: 5.15.11 KDE Frameworks: 5.113.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.27.10 - kwin 5.27.10
kmail2 5.24.4 (23.08.4) - - Kernel:  6.6.6-1-default  - kernel-firmware-radeon
20231214