no changes here, but I am drowning in duplicates today

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Mon May 2 10:28:12 BST 2022

On Monday, 2 May 2022 02:38:47 -00 gene heskett wrote:

> So I'm still puzzled. Is there something I should watch with akonadi-
> console that would help show whats going on?

Is this behaviour confined to just a few folders? If so, you could try clearing
the akonadi cache of the offending folders and restarting akonadi.

To do that, stop KMail, run akonadiconsole, adjust the Browser window until
you can see the folder you're interested it, right-click on the folder name
and select Clear Akonadi Cache. Then shut down akonadiconsole and 'akonadictl
stop'. When it really has stopped, 'akonadictl start'.

Lastly, start KMail again and click on the offending folder, when it should be
repopulated from the messages in the database as akonadi rebuilds its cache.

I would only work on one folder at a time, unless I was feeling reckless.

Good luck!

Peter.