no changes here, but I am drowning in duplicates today

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon May 2 12:21:59 BST 2022

On Monday, 2 May 2022 05:28:12 EDT Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday, 2 May 2022 02:38:47 -00 gene heskett wrote:
> > So I'm still puzzled. Is there something I should watch with akonadi-
> > console that would help show whats going on?
>
> Is this behaviour confined to just a few folders? If so, you could try
> clearing the akonadi cache of the offending folders and restarting
> akonadi.

No, all folders that have had activity since yesterday morning. If one new msg has arrived at the server since yesterday, it is duplicated every 5 minutes as the local imap is refreshed. 20 new messages = 20 more dups every 5 minutes.

> To do that, stop KMail, run akonadiconsole, adjust the Browser window
> until you can see the folder you're interested it, right-click on the
> folder name and select Clear Akonadi Cache. Then shut down
> akonadiconsole and 'akonadictl stop'. When it really has stopped,
> 'akonadictl start'.
>
> Lastly, start KMail again and click on the offending folder, when it
> should be repopulated from the messages in the database as akonadi
> rebuilds its cache.

And they'll all new new, roughly a gigabyte. No thanks. This kdepim folder has currently 108 msgs collected since the last time I removed dups about 3 hours ago. running remove dups on it reduces it to 7 but there only 2 genuinely new messages, yours and one about keyboards. I did do an akonadctl stop until it said it wasn't running, then restarted it. But I have better things to do than cycle thru 50 some folders runniing delete duplicates. I can't keep ahead of it.

> I would only work on one folder at a time, unless I was feeling
> reckless.
>
> Good luck!
>
> --
> Regards,