Duplicate IMAP account!

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 10:47:12 GMT 2022

Well, here's a novel one.

I have an IMAP server on the LAN, which runs fetchmail to retrieve POP mail
from my ISP. Of course I have just this one Receiving account, apart from the
obligatory Local Folders. This usually works well.

I took the machine with me when I spent Christmas with family, and created a
POP account to fetch my mail. (We all know that KMail has problems with POP,
but needs must.) That also worked well.

On returning home I deleted the POP account - but it had a sting in the tail:
I now have a second IMAP account, undeletable even with akonadiconsole, under
Local Folders. Screen shot attached.

Am I now faced with creating yet another new user account for myself, with all
the setting up that involves, and importing all my messages from KMail
archive, minus the offender?

Peter.

Gentoo ~amd64 system, KMail 5.19.0 (21.12.0)