nother problem brltty

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jan 2 07:01:53 GMT 2022

Greetings all;

I am not blind and brltty was driving me to distraction with its incessant
robotic blathering.

killing brltty results in a 40 meg deamon.log file because it complains
about it every 5 seconds with this log entry:

Jan  2 01:56:29 coyote brltty[1260]: cannot load screen driver: /lib/brltty/
libbrlttyxa2.so
Jan  2 01:56:29 coyote brltty[1260]: screen driver not loadable: a2
Jan  2 01:56:34 coyote brltty[1260]: /lib/brltty/libbrlttyxa2.so: cannot

I tried removing the pkg, but synaptic then puts it right back and enables
it.

I've not found a menu that can shut it off, so whats the procedure to get
rid of the screen reader without logging the failure every 5 seconds?

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis