kmail fussing, finally crashing

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Sun Jan 2 20:00:41 GMT 2022

On Sunday, January 2, 2022 12:31:25 PM EST Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sonntag, 2. Januar 2022 07:36:44 CET gene heskett wrote:
> > The terminal screen if brought fwd, contains a stream of this:
> >
> > ororg.kde.kitinerary: Cannot find external extractor:
> > "kitinerary-extractor"
> This is optional. The "kitinerary-extractor" allows KMail to display
> emails with attached train or plane tickets nicely (if those tickets are
> supported).

No such file exists in the default repo's.

> > Hspell: can't open /usr/share/hspell/hebrew.wgz.sizes.
> > kf.sonnet.clients.hspell: HSpellDict::HSpellDict: Init failed
>
> This is related to spell checking. Apparently, some file for Hebrew is
> missing.

I neither speak nor read hebrew, why should I care? But I did install a
hebrew spell checker, which did shut that up, but didn't stop the daemon
from spewing this every 5 seconds: (because orca has been removed)
=====
Jan  2 14:52:29 coyote brltty[1260]: /lib/brltty/libbrlttyxa2.so: cannot
Jan  2 14:52:29 coyote brltty[1260]: cannot load screen driver: /lib/brltty/
libbrlttyxa2.so
Jan  2 14:52:29 coyote brltty[1260]: screen driver not loadable: a2
=====
And orca is not about to be re-installed, so please tell me how to shut that
up.

> > org.kde.pim.messagecomposer:  State string is empty. Need to fix it
>
> This looks like a reminder for the developers. I'm pretty sure that you
> can safely ignore this.
>
> In fact, normal KMail users should ignore any of those messages unless a
> developer specifically asks for them. If there is something important that
> the users need to do or know about, then KMail will (hopefully) show a
> comprehensible notification.

Ignore a 40 meg a week log file? I'd much rather remove the source of all
that spew.

Thank you Ingo.

> Regards,
> Ingo