kmail fussing, finally crashing

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 2 17:31:25 GMT 2022

On Sonntag, 2. Januar 2022 07:36:44 CET gene heskett wrote:
> The terminal screen if brought fwd, contains a stream of this:
>
> ororg.kde.kitinerary: Cannot find external extractor: "kitinerary-extractor"

This is optional. The "kitinerary-extractor" allows KMail to display emails
with attached train or plane tickets nicely (if those tickets are supported).

> Hspell: can't open /usr/share/hspell/hebrew.wgz.sizes.
> kf.sonnet.clients.hspell: HSpellDict::HSpellDict: Init failed

This is related to spell checking. Apparently, some file for Hebrew is
missing.

> org.kde.pim.messagecomposer:  State string is empty. Need to fix it

This looks like a reminder for the developers. I'm pretty sure that you can
safely ignore this.

In fact, normal KMail users should ignore any of those messages unless a
developer specifically asks for them. If there is something important that the
users need to do or know about, then KMail will (hopefully) show a
comprehensible notification.