Recover emails from deleted imap account

Kwon-Young Choi kwon-young.choi at hotmail.fr
Sun Oct 24 12:28:14 BST 2021

Hi everybody,

I need some help with kontact.

I recently switched jobs so my previous job email account recently stopped to work.
So kontact started having this very annoying pop up which would often disappear almost instantly saying that it could not connect to the server anymore.
I tried to disable the retrieval of the mails, but the pop-up would still show up every minute or so.

So, I did something really stupid...
I said to myself, I'll remove the imap receiving account to stop the annoying pop up.
But once I removed the imap account from the settings, all emails were gone !

I have a backup of all my emails in another hard drive so I wanted to know how I could recover my mails from the backup.

I know that this is a hard request but I really really need to recover the emails so I can archive them.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kwon-Young Choi