KMail IMAP not fetching new emails

mh at mike.franken.de mh at mike.franken.de
Mon Nov 8 20:48:56 GMT 2021

On Montag, 8. November 2021 01:53:44 CET David Jarvie wrote:
> On Monday, 8 November 2021 00:48:17 GMT David Jarvie wrote:
> > I'm running KMail 5.15.3 (KDE 20.08.3), Debian stable. It worked fine
> > until
> > a few days ago, but it has now stopped fetching new emails from my IMAP
> > account. It seems to fetch some when I first log on, but not up to the
> > current time - for example, when I logged on today it only fetched emails
> > up to yesterday afternoon. From then on, until I shut the system down, it
> > doesn't fetch any more. It is configured for 5-minute interval mail
> > checking, and I've also manually checked mail in the account.  I can still
> > send and delete IMAP emails successfully.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to get it working again would be welcome.
>
> Interestingly, my post above has now appeared in my KMail IMAP inbox, but
> nothing else in the last 32 hours has appeared. Checking on my phone, there
> are at least 14 mails which are missing.

I had this problem a few weeks ago.
I restarted KMail and Akonadi a few times, but the problem reoccurred every so
often. After watching the sync process for a while (arrow up in the lower
right corner in KMail) I observed, that it tried to sync one folder over and
over. This was a very large folder (~ 50.000 mails). I modified the folder
settings, so that this folder now gets synced only, when it is selected. But
even then the sync process hat to come to an end for at least one time, before
the situation improved - and it took really long, i.e. about 2 or 3 hours.
Perhaps your problem has a similar reason?

Bye.
Michael.