KMail IMAP not fetching new emails

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri Nov 19 12:31:45 GMT 2021

On Monday, 8 November 2021 20:48:56 GMT mh at mike.franken.de wrote:
> I had this problem a few weeks ago.
> I restarted KMail and Akonadi a few times, but the problem reoccurred every
> so often. After watching the sync process for a while (arrow up in the
> lower right corner in KMail) I observed, that it tried to sync one folder
> over and over. This was a very large folder (~ 50.000 mails). I modified
> the folder settings, so that this folder now gets synced only, when it is
> selected. But even then the sync process hat to come to an end for at least
> one time, before the situation improved - and it took really long, i.e.
> about 2 or 3 hours. Perhaps your problem has a similar reason?

Thank you both for your suggestions. The problem seems to have disappeared
since my last post, so I haven't been able to try them out.

Note that the issue occurred more than once after rebooting my computer, and I
also tried restarting akonadi (although not kmail) while logged in. The issue
also persisted over several hours. So I suspect that my problem may have
needed a different fix from what worked for you.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer, KAlarm author.