Added tags manually, but problem persists: Re: Korganizer: "An error occurred while creating a new tag"

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 22:10:54 GMT 2021

On Sun, Mar 07, 2021 at 04:18:23PM -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 05, 2021 at 06:54:07PM -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:

Thanks to this:

https://techbase.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Akonadi/Development_Tools

I managed to access the akonadi DBs via the socket:

$ mysql --socket=/home/<user>/.local/share/akonadi/socket-<hostname>/mysql.socket
MariaDB [(none)]> use akonadi;
MariaDB [akonadi]> insert tagtable
    -> values(1,'Birthday',NULL,1);

This is the one entry that was in the one machine that worked.  I also
added all the other categories manually.  After restarting akonadi, the
entries appear in the DB Browser of akonadi console.  After restarting
KOrganizer, they also appear in the "Manage Tags - KOrganizer" window,
but when I try to create a new tag there I get the same popup window
with the same error.

So this is not a corrupt DB issue.  Any ideas? anyone?

Thanks.

Augustine