Added KAddressBook record does not transfer to DAV server if it doesn't have FN field.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 24 21:00:06 GMT 2021

Hi,

I have noticed that a new record, added with KAddressBook to a CardDAV
(remote) addressbook, does not transfer to the server if it doesn't have
an FN field.

I've had problems with such records before, but the latest versions of
KOrganizer/KAddressBook/kde-pim seem more stable.  In the past I had to
edit data files on the server directly and add the FN fields and
sometimes delete/re-create the addressbook resources as updating got
stuck at 0%.

This latest version (debian stable, completely up-to-date) didn't
require such drastic measures, but I still had to fill in the name via
"Edit Contact" and it still wouldn't update the server.  In Akonadi
Console, the record didn't have a "Remote id" in the browser window.
I had to restart the addressbook (KOrganizer->Configure KOrganizer->
select the DAV addressbook -> Restart) to actually see the new Remote
id in Akonadi Console.  Then, a search on the server confirmed that the
new record is finally there.

I hadn't filled in the FN (Name in KAddressBook) field at first, but the
ORG (Organization in KAddressBook) field was filled by me.  Apparently,
the N field was filled automatically, from the ORG field.  Maybe the FN
field should be too if not filled in by the user explicitly as this seems
to have an effect on the remote Radicale server, or is this an issue with
the radicale server?

Now the FN field contains the exact same data as the other two and it's
working as expected.

Augustine