next try failed

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Dec 7 22:42:24 GMT 2021

To test, I put copy's of the mailfile and the 2 msg.##### files in the 3 directory's
it made last night, then pointed the local receiver at /var/mail/new.

Then sent kmail to go check the mail.

That created 6 new directory's in /var/mail/new:
gene at coyote:~$ ls -l /var/mail/new
total 17576
drwxr-sr-x 5 gene gene     4096 Dec  7 17:12 drafts
-rw------- 1 gene gene 17956209 Dec  6 19:12 gene
drwxr-sr-x 5 gene gene     4096 Dec  7 17:12 inbox
-rw------- 1 gene gene     5768 Dec  2 06:03 msg.IpAPD
-rw------- 1 gene gene     4565 Dec  2 07:11 msg.XqAPD
drwxr-sr-x 5 gene gene     4096 Dec  7 17:12 outbox
drwxr-sr-x 5 gene gene     4096 Dec  7 17:12 sent-mail
drwxr-sr-x 5 gene gene     4096 Dec  7 17:12 templates
drwxr-sr-x 5 gene gene     4096 Dec  7 17:12 trash

But it did not process and kill any of the stuff there in any of those new,cur, or tmp
subdirs. To me, based on a total lack of a report, the ready in the bottom line never
even blinked. Its incapable of reading mail of any kind.

I won't change anything, you don't tell me to, but I'll copy/paste anything
you folks ask about,

However I'm scheduled to get my eyes recalibrated tomorrow afternoon.
At 87, macular degeneration is creeping in. If by Sunday morning its not
working yet, I will do yet another text mode net install, followed by installing
TDE.