better questions?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Dec 8 16:41:08 GMT 2021

Hi all;

Not getting a reply, or it got lost, I did the wiki changes noted in the third link
of a previous msg, which I can't retrieve from bookmarks to quote the link

without losing this msg.

And I re-logged in. Then started my fetchmail->procmail kit and it fetched 192 new
messages. cleaning out the inbox at my isp. and placed them as 192 new files
in ~.Maildir/

Looking at settings>kmail>Account I now see 3 receiving accounts, all of which are
blinking like crazy, but that eventually stopped. But no new msgs were discovered
by all that. And after it stopped blinking rapid unreadable text in the bars of all 3

accounts, an "ls -laR ./Maildir/" shows all subdirs as empty except new, which now has 212

email files kmail can't show me. I've apparently lost the imported old Mail dir contents.
No clue how, other than I logged out and back in, its (~/Mail) still there and intact but
import has quit working again, not giving me a requestor for the source to be imported.

Whats next?

I'd send a pix of that Account, but cannot find knapshot even with
synaptic!!! Did it get renamed for bullseye? Or am I missing a repo?