better questions maybe?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Dec 8 10:14:14 GMT 2021

On Wed, 8 Dec, 2021 at 4:43 AM, me <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

To: mail.kde.org at equaeghe.nospammail.net

On Tue, 7 Dec, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Erik Quaeghebeur <mail.kde.org at equaeghe.nospammail.net<mailto:mail.kde.org at equaeghe.nospammail.net>> wrote:

To: kdepim-users at kde.org<mailto:kdepim-users at kde.org>
> […] kmail has created new,cur & tmp subdirs in /var/mail.
> I can have procmail put individual mail files in one of those
> dirs, but which one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maildir#Technical_operation

AFAIU: First write to tmp with filename as suggested, then move to new.

Others have described how to do that with procmail:
https://wiki.dovecot.org/procmail,
https://wiki.debian.org/MaildirConfiguration.
.
I did all that is described in this last link (after removing the period at the end)
That indicates I should probably reboot, or at least logout and back in in order

to sort the env stuff.
I'll be back.

logged out, back in, if I was supposed to see any of this in an env report,
its invisible. I put some additions into $PATH in /etc/profile that tell me

/etc/profile is NOT being executed. Its ($PATH) still the default.  Nothing for
Mailkdir either.

Next?

Thanks, Erik