KMail filters: some filters do not activate shortcut

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Sep 13 19:13:34 BST 2020

Hi Erik,

thanks for your investigation. This is really a weird issue.

On Sonntag, 13. September 2020 00:32:14 CEST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Now, *the cause is the name of the filter*. I have the problem with
>
> * html2alternative
> * alternative2related
>
> but for example not with
>
> * edit
> * alternative2plain
> * alternative2mixed
> * multipart_get_part_0
>
> Changing the problematic ones with, e.g.,
>
> * h2a, html2alternative, html2alternatives
> * a2r
>
> fixes the shortcut issue.

Does the problem persist if you change the name back to the old one? I have
created a filter named "alternative2related", but I couldn't reproduce the
shortcut issue. Of course, I still believe you.

> I see no pattern. Length can't be it (there are longer and shorter ones).
> Character types used can't be it (there are others, including the working
> alternatives, with the same character types). It seems to be the exact
> strings that cause the issue, as subtracting or adding just one letter
> fixes the issue… Perhaps there is some conflict with a leftover
> configuration from another, now deleted filter with the same name?

Could be. You can find the filter configuration in
~/.config/akonadi_mailfilter_agentrc .