kmail has messed up the email accounts

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 09:43:57 BST 2020

On Tuesday, 9 June 2020 00:42:51 BST Paul Vixie wrote:

> a web search does not lead to a page explaining:
>
> 1. use cvs/svn/git/other to clone the following repos: x, y, z;

There is only one repo[1]. The installation handbook steps you through using
it to build a system. The same applies to your 2, 3 and 5

> 2. install these tools to be able to configure and build: this, that, other;
> 3. build each thing, in this specified order, with (cd $place; $command);
> 4. test without installing using this env, this path, this cwd, this
> command;

You would create a chroot or a virtual box and build in there, if I understand
you.

> 5. install by (making packages and installing) || (running
> thesecommands)
>
> pretend i'm still the moderator of comp.sources.unix and you're trying to
> show me how to build and test your software or else i won't post it. i know
> i won't be using "unshar" or "make". but i am _that_ stupid about the
> modern ways.
>
> i promise that if somebody helps me with this, i will pass it on, amplified.

The Gentoo installation handbook[2] is good. Just follow it.

1.  There are overlays containing extras, development branches or forks, but
you can come to that later.
2.  https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Main_Page

Peter.