kmail has messed up the email accounts

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Tue Jun 9 00:42:51 BST 2020

On Monday, 8 June 2020 23:22:59 UTC Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday, 8 June 2020 23:36:47 BST Paul Vixie wrote:
> >  ... if i have to learn how to build KDE PIM from
> >  source, i will do so. ...
>
> It isn't too hard, Paul, for a man of your talents. I can do it (mostly),
> and my software engineering days are 20-odd years behind me. ...

a web search does not lead to a page explaining:

1. use cvs/svn/git/other to clone the following repos: x, y, z;
2. install these tools to be able to configure and build: this, that, other;
3. build each thing, in this specified order, with (cd $place; $command);
4. test without installing using this env, this path, this cwd, this command;
5. install by (making packages and installing) || (running thesecommands)

pretend i'm still the moderator of comp.sources.unix and you're trying to show
me how to build and test your software or else i won't post it. i know i won't
be using "unshar" or "make". but i am _that_ stupid about the modern ways.

i promise that if somebody helps me with this, i will pass it on, amplified.

--
Paul