kmail has messed up the email accounts

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:32:37 BST 2020

On Monday, June 08, 2020 06:36:47 PM Paul Vixie wrote:
> it's possible that without having lived through the pre-Internet email era
> that you won't be able to understand how fantastically magical KMail is. if
> i have to learn Gentoo in order to run KMail without tolerating "systemd",
> i will do so. if i have to learn how to build KDE PIM from source, i will
> do so. even with akonadi and the horrid nonperformance and instability
> that introduced, there's never been anything like KMail.

Just thought I'd mention TDE:

Background: I still use Debian Wheezy, one of the big reasons (there are
others) is because of the use of kmail (version 1.13.7, using KDE 4.8.4).  It
does not use Akonadi -- it (kde 4.8.4) uses Nepomuik, a "forerunner" of
Akonadi, which as a matter of course I disable / turn off as soon as I install
Wheezy (which has been quite a while ago now.

TDE (the Trinity Desktop Environment) still uses kde3 / kmail, and, in fact,
is intended to preserve kde3 (iiuc).