kmail has messed up the email accounts

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Jun 7 14:00:09 BST 2020

Hi.

test - 07.06.20, 03:56:36 CEST:
> On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 17:39 +0200, Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> > On dinsdag 2 juni 2020 17:40:02 CEST, test wrote:
> > > So how do I start clean?
> > > I […] never found all the files I would need to delete.
> >
> > If removing the resources using kmail or akonadiconsole does not
> > work, you'll have to delete files manually, I guess.
> >
> > https://techbase.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Akonadi#Akonadi_FAQ tells us that
> > akonadi's files are under
> >
> > ~/.config/akonadi
> > ~/.local/share/akonadi
> >
> > However, I think to get a more complete view, you can search in the
> > ~/.config, ./local, and ./cache directories, e.g., using
> >
> > $ find . -name "*akonadi*" -print | less
> >
> > Also, ~/.local/share/local-mail/ will contain your local mailbox
> > files.
> Thanks!  I have done this several times already, and every time there
> was something left.  Last time the identies remained, and it's
> probably what messed them up in the first place.  Maybe there are
> some files not named like akonadi and not named like kmail so I
> didn't find all the files that need to be deleted.

The identities are stored in ~/.config/emailidentities

And yeah… its confusing. Everything related to KMail and other KDEPIM
applications is spread out quite a bit.

I am not aware of a complete list of everything although I believe Dan
wrote a quite complete list onto this mailing list once.

But I agree… some concepts can be difficult to understand and it is quite
complex. As a lot depends on each other it may be difficult to change it
in order to make it simpler… without loosing to much of functionality.

That said, I do use different email identities and do not seem to have a
psychological issue from that :)

Best,
--
Martin